From:
"Paula E. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 17:22:16 -0600
I need to get in touch with the group, People for the Ethical Treatment of
Animals, or PETA. There does not seem to be a chapter here in Albuquerque,
NM, but perhaps a state or national chaper would speak with me.

Anyone in my area who frequents Coronado Center, please stop into Jerry's
Perfect Pets.  I discovered a cage of 7 ferrets who had no food or water.
When I complained, and food and water were put into the cage, the poor
little ones jumped on them with such forcefulness I knew it had been some
time.  My heart just broke.  The last thing I said to the manager, after he
justified all this by being short-staffed, was "I'll bet *you* had water
today!".  Dammitt!  I am so angry!  If anyone has suggestions, please let me
know.

Thanks everybody. I don't always read the FML now that school has started,
but it is really nice to know you and all your happy and well fed fuzzys
are out there.

Paula