From:
Dan LaBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:19:02 -0800
I'm very shocked that any one would try to clip a ferrets nail to get
blood!!  I work at my vet's,and no one would ever think of doing that.  I
also have a ferret with insulnoma and test his blood.  We use the vein in
the neck to draw.  It may not be the easest way ,but it works!  It's best
to wrap to ferret up in a towel , scruff him and lay him on the table
stomach up.  you can then find the vein and draw.  It may take time to
learn but does get easier .

Terri
with
Bandit,Kira,Shadow,Charlie,Gizmo,Bebe,Bear,Calvin,Hobbes,Georgie,Mocha

wishing all Ferrets health and happyness!!  Our prays go to all ill
fuzzies.