From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:22:19 -0500
For our FMLers in central New Jersey...

There are two BIG sable boys in the Petland Discounts store in Hadley
Center on Stelton Ave in South Plainfield.  Normally I don't recommend
rescuing from a pet store, but these guys are REAL sweeties, and they
have been there FAR too long.  I would guess their age to be almost one
year.  They are big, and have big bones, but they are getting so little
exercise that they have almost no muscle tone, and have become obese.

I would buy them in a heartbeat, but I'm looking forward to a needed dose
of Lupron (which isn't cheap), and two surgeries, with a possible third
in the offing; plus two who need their shots.  I just can't afford any
more with the costs I currently have.

They were so friendly and cuddly, and the sad look in their eyes as I had
to put them back into the enclosure broke my heart.  Won't somebody please
give them a home for Christmas?  This store takes very good care of their
ferrets, keeps them well socialized, and does not bring in any new babies
until the old ones have been sold, so I feel good in asking the people on
the FML to support them.  Thanks.

Melodyt and the elven eight