From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:23:04 -0700
Oh OUCH!!  I got nailed by a visiting ferret in my home.  He didn't bite a
soul until I tried to introduce him to my mild mannered mail.  Then he bit
my ferret, and bit me as I unlatched him from my ferrets neck and tried to
get my ferret out of the room.  I got a nice bit in the hand at the base
of the thumb.

I then came back and asked him why he bit me.  He sniffed my arm, and
chomped on it again!  Needless to say I scruffed him and gave him a
lecture!  I immediately took a shower so I didn't smell like anyone, and
he has been a sweetheart ever since.

So the question behind the story is, how do you treat ferret bites on
humans?  Being in CACA land I don't want to have to go to the doctor and
make up a story about a stray cat bite.  I cleaned the bites well with
lots of soap and water, and they appear fine.  But bites can puncture and
seal bacteria in easily.  Anyone out there experienced and treating their
war wounds want to give some treatment tips?

Thanks!!

Bleeding masked ferret owner in CA