From:
Jaden Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:24:49 -0700
Hi all, hugs & Dooks,

Well I posted a few days ago about Spaz's ear draining and asked for some
advice.  I took him to the vet and the vet had to put him under ansthesia
to have a look.  She comes out and tells us that he has a perforated
eardrum, and it's very infected and nasty looking.  We have no idea how
he did this as he was perfectly fine the day before.  Needless to say she
cleaned it up and he is on antibiotics and ear drops.

He is a very sick boy and would not eat so I made the duck soup and got
that into him for the last three days.  He wouldn't play, or walk around
at all, just wanted to be cuddled and slept.  The vet said if he's not
better by Saturday we might have to consider helping him cross to the
Bridge.  This morning I got up and low and behold who meets me at the
door but my sweet little Spaz boy.  He even dooked!  He ran after the cat
, ate some kibble, took his meds and played for about 1 hour before
jumping on my lap for a snooze.  His nose is wet and cold and he seems to
be doing much better.  I am so thankful as I don't know what I would do
without my little buddy.  Please keep him in your prayers for a speedy
recovery.  The vet said he will probably be deaf in that ear.  I searched
our house and his playroom and couldn't find a thing that he might have
injured himself on.

To everyone who sent cards to me for the Labor Day exchange, thanks so
much, for the magnet, the hammy (My sick boy curled up in it) and all
the great cards.  I love the card exchange.

Kate and the Spaz monster.