From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:09:13 -0400
Hello.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience using Diazoxide
alone rather in conjunction with prednisolone.  I was wondering if it
is effective by itself, and if it eliminated any side effects.

Mikette has insulinoma and is on .2 ml of Diazoxiode (50mg/ml) twice a
day and .2ml of Prednisolone ( 5mg/5ml) twice a day.  She was put on the
Diazoxide because the higher dose of pred was making her lethargic.  She
is no longer lethargic at all (and perhaps I should leave well enough
alone) but her VERY large bloated belly really stops her from being able
to a lot.

Would love any advice any one would have to share!

I am also asking my vet, but it's hard to get info when not in a one on
one office appointment.

Thanks
Risa