From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 15:54:02 CST6CDT
I was curious as to what the ferrets would do in front of a mirror so I
bought one that was 4ft tall and about 18 inches wide and put it at their
level lengthwise.  Oh what fun we had!  Coco saw the ferret in the mirror
and did her typical bull dog stance but when the ferret didn't move she went
around behind the mirror to "get" it!  Honey thought it was a new playmate
and danced the length of the mirror then looked to see if the "other" ferret
was watching, then danced back again!  So, if you put a mirror at their
level you may see a different reaction than just holding them up to one at
our level.  Of course they are so intelligent it doesn't take long for them
to figure out there really isn't another ferret there.  I leave the mirror
against a wall and now all they do is tip it over and potty on it.  Guess
they are upset cause "that" ferret won't come out to play. :-)

Hugs.  tle (aka Sprite)