From:
Nigel Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:22:34 -0500
Dooks & Bright Blessings!

Ziggy did not have surgery today.  When his doctor took new xrays, she
found a mass in his chest.  While she thought she could see something in
the last xray from 4 weeks ago, this time you could clearly see that his
esophagus was slightly out of line like something was pushing it out of the
way.  His heart murmur also alarmed her and she just felt it was too much
of a risk to try surgery.  He has been stable now (no crashes for 2 weeks)
and we are to continue the lasix and pred and see her again late next week.
I guess we will get his first Lupron shot then.

So, at least we didn't lose him.  We are grateful for any time we get to
spend with him - I just hope we can keep life worth living for him and
for Poppy for a long time to come.

Thank you all for being there.

Bonnie, Nigel & Kris
and Poppy, Ziggy and Phreddie