From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:51:48 -0800
>Our concern is two-fold: 1)she's not getting the medicine and 2)she could
>die from the stress (we lost our first ferret, Bear, when he was force-fed
>under the vet's care [a different vet than we have currently]).

Many ferrets have to take some sort of prednisone for insulinoma.  Ask your
vet to change the prescription to PEDIOPRED.  This is the children's version
of the med.  It is a cherry flavored liquid.  My old timer gets .4 cc twice
a day as his blood sugar level was 35 before his medical regimen.  He now
looks forward to seeing the syringe as it is a treat for him and he licks it
up as fast as I can squeeze the plunger.

You mentioned giving the med to your fuzzie only twice...I have no idea what
or how your vet prescribed the med, but it IS something that will have to be
administered everyday, probably for the rest of your fert's life.

My little guy is now Mr. Air Ferret again.  He jumps and dances and bites
toes and snorkles all the rugs again.  The house is again his domain..the
episodes of staring and falling down are gone.  He is almost 8 now, so I
don't have much time left wioth him, but now he will live out his time in
happiness and in health.  I am sure that will apply to your baby as well.

Much success..and remember..PEDIOPRED, instead of straight prednisone.

Joe, with Garret on one shoulder and Billy-Bob trying to type by jumping
at the keyboard!