From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:57:02 -0400
It was a quiet night at de bright. SaraFerret was fast asleep in her
hammie. All de kits were tucked cozily in a nearby bunk. Not a creature
was stirring at de Bridge. It was so peaceful. All of a sudden, de
quiet was broken by a loud knock at de cottage door and SaraFerret was
startled out of her dream. She hopped out of her hammie, tripped and of
course splatted on de floor. De door opened (who bothers locking dere
door at de bridge). And in came Dexter with a note in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, why is you laying on the fwoor? You should be aweep in
your hammie instead of the fwoor. You sure is goofy. Anyway I has a
note from de Boss requesting dat you gweet a fewwet you is cwossing
the bwidge. Do you think you can get up and get this note? Is there
anything you wants me to do?"

SaraFerret raised her head with a sigh and took de note and read it.
She dragged herself from de floor with a shake and stretched, checked
her body (good thing that nothing can break at de bridge). Den she
asked Dexter to fetched de requested fuzzy and she headed for de
entrance.

She was just in time to see a rather proud girl fuzzy with a very very
heavy backpack waiting at de entrance. I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Sorry you had to wait
a bit. An emergency came up (thinking of myself being splatted on de
floor). Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering and you will run on green grass forever. I can assure you
dat dere are many of your friends here dat you can run and play with.
Did I mention all de fun and games?"

De young girl fuzzy looked at me and said, "My name is Atropos but
everyone especially my Mum Liz calls me Addypos. I met with a bit of an
accident so I ended up trotted across this rather rickety bridge. You
know you should really get that thing fixed. Someone could really get
hurt walking on it. Do you know my Mum? Where are my friends at? I
don't see anyone but you. It looks a bit lonely here. But it is pretty
and all that, so I guess I will have to get used to it since you say it
is forever."

I replied, "Addypos, I have heard about your Mum and trust me, dere
are a number of de NZ Clan here already. I have greeted dem. As to de
rickety bridge, no one has ever been hurt on it, but I will mention it
to de Boss who governs everything and everyone everywhere and see what
He has to say about it. oh yes, I see you have a very very heavy
backpack, would you care to show me what you have in it? I don't want
to take it away from you. It is just dat it has been so very long since
I have been on earth dat I am just curious as to what fuzzies bring
with dem when dey cross."

She sighed and said, "Well I don't think you will really believe what
I have to tell you. You will just think I am making it up." I replied,
"Please tell me, I won't think you are making it up." (I already knew
the story, but I had no idea what she had stuffed in de backpack). She
began, "Well I began my trip on a big blue dragon but when I got to the
entrance an angel told me the dragon was simply too big to go on the
bridge, so together both the angel and I stuffed it into my backpack.
So once I get it out, it really won't be able to be put back in."

(I began to wonder just how big dis dragon could be, did it breathe
fire; would de Boss allow it to stay? Oh My!)

So she carefully unzipped her backpack and POOF! a big blue dragon
appeared and it was not breathing fire. Oh I was so relieved! In fact
it was rather nice. But it was BIG! No way was it ever ever gonna be
stuffed into anything.

And den happily Numbi her sister who had crossed de bridge before her
ran up de path to greet her and dere was a happy reunion. Dragon and
fuzzies danced and danced. Numbi asked her sister if she had noticed
the wings that she and I were wearing. She had but she wasn't quite
sure what they were. But Numbi flew around and did a few somersaults
in the air and explained that she would be getting a pair of her own
esp. suited for her.

So off de three of us went down de garden path (yep, two fuzzies
followed by de big blue dragon) to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box marked
""Atropos". She opened de box and took out de wings--lovely neon blue
with black streaks. Numbi helped her put on her wings and I adjusted
her halo. Den she ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her
reflection and den she turned to us and said, "Gee I wish my family
could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

So we went out de door and went down de path to de Misting Pond. We
sat down beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a vision
of Mum Liz, Dad Mike, Sis Kayla, and Brother Rhys appear. She got so
excited she started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"Hi all, I am doing ever so much better. I have wings now and soon I
will be able to fly. Numbi found me here. So I will have a friend to
play with. She tells me there are lots of friends here from the NZ
clan. I love you all and thank you for loving me."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish de vision
was gone.

So we left dere and went down de road and were met by a group of
fuzzies carrying a banner, "Welcome Addypos." She asked Numbi how she
had known dat she was was even coming. Numbi replied, "Oh we has our
ways." We headed toward de cottages (of course you could spot dem--with
flags carrying de union jack in one corner and de southern cross in de
other on a blue background--easy to see). Music was a-playing. Fuzzies
carrying food were running in and out. You could see a party was
getting ready to start. Addypos was really amazed dat dis was all for
her. Poor Dragon was feeling was bit left out. He could not fit inside
de house. So de party was moved outside where he could join in de
dance. I told Addypos I wasn't really sure if Dragons were allowed on
de Ferret side of de Bridge, but maybe he could stay for a couple of
days and maybe we get in touch with Merlin his friend to pick him up. I
was invited to stay but I was still tired. So I gave Addy a hug and
said my goodbyes and headed for home.

Now to figure out how to tell de Boss about de Big Blue Dragon at de NZ
Clan and de rickety bridge and all dat. So ended another greeting at de
Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter