From:
"CHRISTINE L. HAMILTON" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 18:59:39 EST
I have been an intermittent reader lately, but several stories leaped out
at me: ferrets that had had rubber bands wrapped around their feet,
necessitating amputation, burned by ignited gasoline, and soaked in bleach!
I didn't get the details of how these things happened, but at least the
first one was deliberate, and the others at best negligent.  I'm sickened,
horrified, and *ANGERED* when I see these things - people who do such
things are evil and should be punished.  Does anyone know if authorities
even bother with such things?  If the perpetrators in the above incidents
suffered any repercussions?  You know, when I read these stories, and eye
for an eye seems like a real attractive option.

Feeling cynical,
Christine
Christine Hamilton
"Dook" University
"You see, it's like I've always said - you can get more
 with a kind word and a two by four than with just a
 kind word." - Marcus, Babylon 5