From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 14:21:03 -0800
To Ed Hughes -

        Sorry to be so long in replying, the usual network problem.  Ed,
your vet doesn't know too much about ferrets (I'm trying to be diplomatic
here."  Yes, the signs that Mei-Mei is showing are very suggestive of adrenal
disease, and I strongly urge the exploratory surgery.  However, if your vet is
using "Cheque", he/she is way out of the bounds of good ferret medicine.

Adrenal tumors are fairly easy to remove, if you know what you are dealing
with.  My suggestion for you is to either have your vet give me a call, give me
a call yourself, (if you want to continue with this vet), or download the STAR
database and see if there are other vets in your area that are more familiar
with ferret disease.

Stop the Cheque drops, also.  Cheque is a progesterone analog that was used
as birth control for dogs for a while, but I don't even think that it is used
in dogs any more.  Lord knows what it will do in a ferret....

Bruce Williams  (202) 782-2600   [log in to unmask]