From:
Diamantis Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:05:05 +0900
Sorry.  The post I'm responding to was back in Dec. 05. :)

I had one of those air purifiers - the one from Sharper Image.  I stopped
using it when I noticed problems with my 5 fuzzies within a very short
time after hooking it up.  There was a lot of hacking and coughing from
3 out of the 5 when there had been none before.  Once I left it off for
a day, there was no coughing.  If I turned it back on again and let it
run--coughing/ gagging/ etc.  I ran through many scenarios: my room was
"not too small", it was not "too close to the cage".  Everything they
said to try to fix it didn't change their situation.  The only thing that
stopped their hacking was turning it off for good.

Just to pass the info along!

Michelle and the fuzzy5