From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:56:57 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=529

Author wrote:
>of his display of typical adrenal symptoms. His left adrenal was enlarged
>and removed. The pathology report came back as malignant adenocarcinoma.

How early is early?  That is a difficult question to answer, as many
tumors tend to grow at different rates and there is no guarantee when
Kodi's arose.  However, as the signs were not far advanced, I tend to
think that you have likely gotten it in time.  You may want to query your
vet as to whether all of it was removed, because any that was left will
continue to grow into a new tumor.

Currently, there is no medication that will prevent another neoplasm from
growing.  About 15-20% of cases will eventually show up in both adrenals,
necessitating another surgery.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams DVM