From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:35:21 -0500
At this point we do not know if the website reply function on the
Yahoogroup, the Ferret Health List,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list is working and simply
painfully slow, or if it has actually failed since Yahoogroups was
entirely down*.  If it turns out that function has failed the moderators
WILL let everyone know once we know.

Meanwhile, it might be safest for members to skip replying in the website
and instead send e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Send only
ONE copy and, please, be patient.  We have heard of a case in which it
took a service 15 hours to catch up with backlog and Yahoogroups likely
has more mail.

If your message is not an essential one and can wait a day that may be
preferable while this is straightened out.

Sukie

*In the past the site gave a failure notice when folks replied to the list
or privately even though it was working.  Either way do NOT send multiple
copies of a message.  If they get through it badly increases our workload
and may result in your message being rejected.  If they don't get through
then you are just wasting your time.  For now, please, use e-mail instead
of the site for replies, send no more than one copy, and wait a day before
sending non-essential messages to the site.