From:
Kelley & Jeff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:40:25 -0500
Dear Sandee,

Please keep an eye out for Justin.  He lost his battle with insulinoma
last night and left us for the Bridge.  Justin was five and a half years
old.  He's a beautiful silver mitt with the cutest brown nose and he'll
be carrying his favorite toy - a purple octopus.  And, unlike all of the
other ferrets we've had, he never once got into any trouble.  He was
such a good boy.

Justin came to live with us in November of 2004.  He had been brought
home several years earlier for a twelve year old.  A few years down the
road, the teenager lost interest in him and his mother did not have the
time to devote to him.  So, Justin came to live with Jeff and I.  He
loved nothing better than to be let out to play - I don't think that he
was getting much play time at his old home.  He'd jump right out of the
hammock into my arms and wiggle until I put him down to run around the
ferret room.  And he'd only allow himself to be kissed and cuddled once
he'd started to tire out a little bit.

Justin has never met any of our other babies at the Bridge.  Please make
sure that Ben, Jerri, Hershey, Casper, Oscar and Felix greet him and
show him all of the fun things to do. I'm sure that he'll get along with
all of them.  His cagemates, Shadow and Princess, miss him but are
cuddled up together in their hammock and will make it through.  The
others, Daisy, Bear, Sammy and Bailey will miss playing with him as
well.  Most of all though, his dad will miss him.  He and Jeff bonded in
the 14 months that Justin lived with us.  And as they all do when they
leave us, Justin stole a little piece of his mom's heart.  Play on
little man.

Kelley & Jeff
Loving Bailey, Shadow, Sammy, Bear, Princess and Daisy
Missing Ben, Jerri, Hershey, Casper, Oscar, Felix and Justin