From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:35:19 -0800
Up at the bridge, the tall grasses began to sway, and I heard something
in the air.  It was someone missing their loved ones.  Memories were
blowing in the wind all around me.  I stopped and listened to hear that
Babs and Dweezle were being missed.  There was wonderment in the air as
well, about their arrival so not very long ago.

Both Weezer and Babs can be found toiling in the rice beds and chasing
little mice that tease them by dashing in and out of the beds.  They stay
side by side riding the wind and catching updrafts to the higher cumulus
clouds.  Then they bounce about up there all the way back down war
dancing all the while.  And that is where I see them most.  Leaving paw
prints and wisps of cloud behind.  Full of joy, enough joy for all of us.

I hear them talk about how grateful they were to be picked out of so many
and to grow up with such a wonderful mother.  Someone who took the time
to educate herself about ferrets and someone who understood them.  How
lucky.  How lucky to have grown up in one home.  Anyone can see it in
their faces and see it in their step.  They feel it in the air through
their whiskers as the memories and wonder pass through from their mommy.
And they know, they hear how much she misses them, craves for their
warmness and to be close to them once again.  I think the mommy knows
that they have nestled deep into her heart to stay warm forever.  Of
course they are in her dreams and always will be.  Until the meet again.