From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:16:07 -0500
Reps from the IFC (for whom I am a Texas Regional Coordinator) have
contacted me just as they have other rescues and they are making sure
that whatever we NEED for the ferrets, proportionately dealt, in addition
to what we do personally, gets to us.  I have had people who have adopted
from me contact me and send donations as well.  This all helps because I
had just as long and hard a spring and summer as most U.S.  rescues...
people were turning in ferrets left and right and not just old and/or
sick ones, but I got my share of those ... so I took a BIG HIT this
summer financially.

Bottom-line if you prefer to make donations to the IFC and S.O.S.  I
think that is just as wonderful as making a donation directly to my vet.
It gives you peace of mind and it still helps the ferrets in my rescue.
For other rescues it's even better.  If you want to help a Particular
rescue, like Tricks and Treats, just put in a note on the check for memo
which rescue you would like the check to benefit.  If "they" don't know
who the rescue's vet is I gurantee you that they will find out.  They
are not shy when it comes to helping ferrets.

I don't know who may know this but of the 11 ferrets I have accepted so
far one is VERY adrenal.  We are going to fix that and we are going to
bring all of the ferrets up to date with rabies and distemper shots and
when mom and dad are OK again, we are going to return them to mom and
dad who have now received more information about ferrets and will
continue to be mentored by us.

No flaming is necessary against me, other rescues, Eri for loving ferrets
so much she tries to help in everyway she can, or even against the poor
vet who, bless is heart, didn't know better than to tell these people
their ferret is just old and going bald, or anyone else.  Instead could
we please have a moment of silence and inward reflection?  The question
to ponder is, "Am I doing all I CAN, and all I WANT to do to help
ferrets?"... STOP now and think about it... and answer yourself quietly,
then let's get on with it in a positive and friendly manner to HELP.

I know Bill --- no more from me for at least a month.. <<<snicker>>>

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506