Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:26:42 -0800
These are the tentative dates for the upcoming Ferret Project trip.

1. Kansas City USA / Dallas USA / Los Angeles USA / Auckland NZ:
March 13. I will be doing feral ferret research on the North Island
until April 5.

2. Auckland NZ / Christchurch NZ:
April 5. I will be doing feral ferret research on the South Island
until May 2.

3. Christchurch NZ / Sidney AU / Melbourne AU:
May 2. I will attend the Australia ferret symposium (May 4). I will
be doing pet ferret research until May 9.

4. Melbourne AU / Brisbane AU:
May 9. I will be doing feral ferret research in southern Queensland
until May 12.

5. Brisbane AU / Singapore SG / London UK / Edinburgh SCT:
May 12/15. I will be doing polecat / ferret research until May 20.

6. Edinburgh SCT / London UK:
May 20. I will be doing polecat / ferret research until May 22.

7. London UK / Paris FR:
May 22. From Paris I will take Eurail, visiting Amsterdam, Angers,
Lisbon, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Geneva, Warsaw, Budapest, Skopje,
and Rome. I will be doing polecat / ferret research until June 15.

8. Rome IT / London UK / Chicago USA / Kansas City USA:
June 15. Return home.

Bear in mind that some dates are subject to change to insure that all
research is completed before leaving to the next area. One date cast in
stone is when I leave, that is, March 13, 2008. I might stay a few days
longer in Australia if research warrants the time. I will probably stay
longer in Britain, but am uncertain how long. The big question is the
time in Europe; I don't think I can get all the work done by June 15,
so I will probably stay until the end of the month, and even to the end
of July if I can find some funding. The five most important collections
I want to study are in Angers, Budapest, Berlin, Warsaw, and Rome, so
people from those areas can be guaranteed a visit. For logistical
reasons Rome will be my last stop and I will leave for home from that
location.

I am happy to attend any ferret meetings during these dates. Ferret
owners, breeders, clubs, and organizations are ALL strongly encouraged
to contact me for visits, talks, and assistance during this trip. I
need as many stops as possible to collect as much ferret DNA as
possible. I need your help to make this research academically
profitable. Please help in that effort.

Bob C [log in to unmask]