From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:35:33 -0400
I have always heard that cat food is very bad for dogs. Ferret food is
really just like cat food, so I'd assume it's also very bad for dogs.
And 99.9% of dog food is REALLY bad for ferrets, since most dog foods
have way too little fat/protein and do not have enough taurine (too
little taurine can cause blindness and heart problems in ferrets).

BUT there is one dog food that is okay for ferrets. That is Innova EVO -
the regular dog kind and the Red Meat kind. So if you could get your
Chihuahua and your ferrets to agree to eating that, it would probably
work out pretty well. :)