Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2012 02:59:01 -0800
>From:    Tracy Keelan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Christmas items for you ferret folks
>
>There are some awesome Christmas items for auction this week for you
>ferret enthusiasts. At least 10% of the proceeds will be donated to
>Ferret Haven By the Sea. >
>Auctions end this Friday Dec. 7th @ 8 ET! Check out our Facebook page!
>
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/FFFAH/
> [login required]

Come on people...Please use some common sense here...I have said this
before.....You would like to raise money for your shelter/rescue, as
such, you want the auction/fund-raiser to reach as many people as
possible.....so what do you do? You put it on a social network where
few have access, such as Facebook. Makes a lot of sense (sic)....

This is a sore point with me.....being a computer professional, I
shake my head in disbelief, at those of you who insist and putting
your computers at risk. Gentle readers, there **IS** a reason social
networking sites are prohibited on most office network workstations,
and it isn't due to loss of productivity by the employee.

Add auctions to your rescue website, create a special email address
for your fund-raiser, buy create a website for your fund-raiser,
anything..just don't restrict your efforts (And potential income) by
using Facebook....you eliminate a sizeable number of your possible
supporters.

MC, The Rude One

[Moderator's note: Though I agree with MC, I do realize there are some
reasons why Facebook is used... But I would suggest at least keeping
that page public, if possible. Requiring a login really limits your
audience, I think ;-) BIG]