From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:00:53 -0500
Remember those two senior ferrets who needed a home?  Well they arrived not
quite two weeks ago.  Since they arrived I've had the messiest cage!!  I
don't think they've hit the litter box once!  Maybe I've been spoiled by
my guys, they are pretty dang accurate, one guy even high tails it back to
the pan when he is out and about.

I emailed the person who surrendered them, hopeing for some clue as to what
might be different or if they've always had poor habits.  I've tried using
their litterpans, putting a pan in every corner, even thought maybe the old
guy (he is 7) could not lift his butt up high enough, so I got one of those
long flat pans designed for male ferrets, nope.  Even got a small storage
container, cut a 'door', that did not work either, though my guys thought
it was a blast rolling around in the wood stove pellets!

Any suggestions??  I've successfully trained younger ferrets, but heck, Moe
is asleep half the time, how do you train a sleeping ferret????  It is not
the end of the world, but call me fussy, I've never had a single complaint
about my cage smelling, and tonight my sweetie walked into the rec room and
said, 'geez they get a little stinky pretty quick now'.  So here I am!  It
is not the end of the world, no they won't be going anywhere, but I would
like to have at least a 50% hit rate!!!

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Thanks!

Jen and Gang