From:
Phyllis Berker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 20:02:13 EDT
>Subject: JM FHL cross-post, digest 270: giving Propecia
>
>Propecia can be mixed with ferretone as Mike described, or you can have
>a compounding pharmacist mix it with another flavor if needed.
>Propecia/Proscar will not cause liver damage.  If there is already liver
>damage then it will not be cleared from the bloodstream as well.  Thus
>more of it will buildup in the bloodstream.  This is not usually a
>problem.  In studies done by Merck, they gave it to dogs at 5, 15, and 45
>mg/kg/day for 27 to 53 weeks with no side effects.  I have not seen any
>side effects in ferrets.  The only problem is the cost of this human
>product (30 Propecia tablets cost about $50).
>
>Hope that helps,
>Jerry Murray, DVM

This was the first post I saw regarding Propecia, and assuming this was
given to adrenal ferrets, what was the result?  Did all the fur grow back,
or did only some hair grow back.  I was just curious about details on the
actual results of using this product, other than no side effects being
noticed.  Thanks!

Phyllis