Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 03:16:31 -0500
Hello all. I am new to the list but I was just reading some of the
posting on the Ohio rescue efforts.

I would first like to say that I am one of the people that have been
down to Doug's farm recently. I am also the person helping Lori try to
get them out of their - some of you know me - I used to run The Ferret
House in Owosso. I just wanted to say that there is MUCH more going on
with this whole operation then ANY of you know about. If you think that
all we're trying to do is buy ferrets from this guy and rescue a few
then you haven't met me yet. I can tell you that I have called the
authorities down there and it didn't get me anywhere. I was told that
the judges in that county won't see "petty animal cases". They don't
feel it's worth wasting their times on. Has this ended our efforts
NO!!! There are MANY more people to contact and many more groups who
will help - like you said. Some of this take just a little time - it is
all in the works. In the mean time what we are doing - as you all know
- is trying get as many as possible out of there. Besides what if we
start calling all of these groups and the animals end up get euthanized
inspite of our efforts? Atleast then we will be able to say that we got
as many of them out as we could before something like that happens.

This is a difficult situation and we are trying to deal with it the
best way that we can - I know a lot of people disagree with what we are
doing and well - I guess we can't please everyone. So if any one has
any better suggestions - our ears are open but don't just talk about
it - let's get together and actually do something about it!!!!!!!!!!
Call me or call Lori Lets get a plan and stop asking why it hasn't
been done. And in the mean time I sure hope that you will support us
in trying to get some of them out of there - we are not crying to the
list - we are asking for your support!!!!!!!

Again PLEASE HELP US save these animals - they are all mother earth's
creatures and they do NOT deserve what they are getting.

Thanks,
Tabetha