From:
Jessica Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:39:07 -0400
Okay, all you knowledgeable ferret people,

I love the black-footed ferret; I've been doing reports on it since third
grade, and now in my biology class (nineth grade), I'm doing this huge,
gigantic report/project on it.  I knew if any group of people would know
interesting little tidbits about the BFF or where to look for more
information, it'd be you guys.  :)

One question in particular that's been driving me up the wall: My teacher
said that the BFF has a common name in Sioux.  This makes sense, of course,
since the Sioux lived right around the BFF; they even said it was bad luck
to kill a black-footed ferret.  But, try as I might, I simply can NOT find a
Sioux name for the BFF!  So if any of you know the Sioux name for the
black-footed ferret, or any other names for it in *any* other language,
could you please email me?  I'd *really* appreciate it!

Also, I apologize if this was a bit off-topic or anything, but, at least as
far as I know, there isn't a mailing list devoted strictly to the
black-footed ferret... Anyway, thanks a bunch in advance!  Any information
would be *greatly* appreciated!  :)

                   Thanks again!

                 Jessica and the Four Freaky Furos!   8:><:B

"You can deny all the things I've seen, all the things I've discovered...
but not for much longer.  Because too many other people know what's
happening out there - and no one, no government agency, has jurisdiction
over the truth."

                        Fox Mulder, 'The X-Files'