From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:37:52 -0500
Hello all:
On January 31, DJTuvell raised questions about Adrenal Disease in her Lady.
I might suggest that she (and any others who may face similar problems join
FAIML.  The Ferret Adrenal/Insulinoma Mailing List is specifically targeted
about those diseases.  You may get a quicker response from people on that
list than this list.  I suspect the reason for this is that the FAIML is
shorter than the FML and may get read more quickly.  Contact Lynn McIntosh
<[log in to unmask]>.  She often suggests that her subscribers join this
list so turnabout is fair play.

Jen asked questions about tail blackheads.  I posted similar questions
about six months ago.  Ferret blackheads occur for the same reasons as
people blackheads, oil and dirt.  Since the fuzzies drag their tails around
the floor, it is easy to clog pores with dirt.  You may get many good
fuzzy every two or three days for about three weeks with a regular ferret
shampoo.  I also scrubbed her tail with a very old, very soft toothbrush.
The toothbrush removed most of the rest of the fur that had not already
fallen out from the blackheads.  My Chloe had a bald tail for about three
months and then overnight "poof" a full tail of hair, better than before.
End of problem.  Be sure not to wash your whole ferret two or three times a
week, just the tail.

Sukie wrote <PAX ON LIST PAX ON LIST PAX ON LIST, ETC.  My response: BAH!
HUMBUG!  :o).  The very fact that BIG is not very restrictive about posts
makes this list much more entertaining and informative than some others on
the internet and IMO he has pretty good judgement about when to call an end
to a particular discussion (argument?).

Everyone remember the WarmFuzzy Ferret Rescue show on July 24, 1999 near
Reading, Pa.  Contact me for details.

                     Dale