From:
Michele Paulhus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:50:29 -0500
Hi Sue,
It is wonderful that you are seeking to give a gift to a shelter that
could desperately need it... Here are some ideas that may be easier for
you...

If you have a specific shelter in mind,--contact them and find out who
their vet is--and make a donation (but make sure to tell the vet who
it is for) --as there are always medical issues that arise and that is
ALWAYS a welcome gift.

Another idea is contact them and find out where they get their
meds--for example: we get our Pred from Walmart (so a gift cert
for Walmart is always good) and our Diazoxide from a local animal
compounding pharmacy (calling them and making the same type donation
as the vet--or even finding out if they have gift certs) would always
work.

You could find out where they obtain their misc shelter supplies (paper
towels, q-tips, etc) and get a gift cert for that store. OR... if you
wanted to actually make a purchase: you could always make a purchase
online (for ex. on Ferret Depot or Dr.s foster & Smith) and have it
shipped directly to the shelter.--or even get a gift cert for any of
those stores...

I this hoped. Thank you for thinking of the shelter babies!

Happy Holidays,
Michele Paulhus, Asst Director
South Shore Ferret Care, MA
--
"A good deed is never lost: he who sows courtesy reaps friendship;
and he who plants kindness, gathers love. " ~~*Basil*