From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:48:12 +0100
After having read tons of correspondence from people with Soren Thiggard,
I have come to the conclusion that not only is he an animal abuser but
also a compulsive liar.  How many of you have seen the photos of the
birds that he abused for more than a year, they had holes in their feet,
several were in so much pain that they had to be put down.  Does this
sound like someone who loves his animals?

I sent Soren a mail asking how he could expect respect when he had no
respect for animals, His reply was, "I love you too, kisses Soren" I
diden't know whether to laugh or puke,

Ok lets disperse with one story; we do not have ferret farms in Europe.
We have "fur farms" and "ferret breeders." The new laws in Europe are for
fur farms; strangely enough this law in Europe is very strict, probably
because Europe has a lot of fur farms.  "To my shame" The law for ferret
breeders is non existent, A ferret is a pet, and by the law here, it is
your own property and you can do what you like, as long as there is
enough water and food available, you could put ten in a cool box and
nearly get away with it.  Believe me I would be the first to cheer if
there were laws for ferret breeders.  So if Soren has to abide by the new
European law, then he is registered as a fur farm, not a ferret breeder.
If he is not a fur farm, then he is lying like hell, Oh Soren loves his
ferrets, as long as they produce enough to fill his wallet.  But when
they get sick, I will bet you they do not make a trip to the vet, they
make their final trip to the big resting ground in the sky, and most
likely at his own hand.

Please don't be naIf.  I grew up on a farm in Australia; I know how these
things are done.  If an animal is sick take it out of its misery.  Don't
call a vet if the animal is going to die anyway, they're too expensive.
A bullet in the head or a brick in the neck is just as effective and much
cheaper.  And if this shocks you.  I worked at a department of the Dutch
animal welfare for many years.  The president of the board had ferrets,
he though it was much to expensive to have them fixed, he bread 4 or 5
ferrets every year, I finally found out, "by accident", that he waited
until the kits were old enough to sex, He let each mother keep one female
kit, "he considered the females better for hunting" the rest were
destroyed by throwing them on the ground.  When I exposed him, he was
aloud to take honorable leave because he had worked for the Animal
welfare for so long.  Consequently that is when I stopped working for the
animal welfare.  If you think Soren is a loving breeder, think again, he
is like most breeders, he wants his wallet full and he will take care of
his animals as long as they comply.  After that they are excess rubbish.
The few ferret breeders I know here in Holland are no better, but there
is nothing we can do to change it as long as there are no laws for ferret
breeders

But to give the devil his due.  Can we really put all the blame on
the breeder?  After all, if we were, for once in our lives, happy with
what Mother Nature provided, people like Soren would have no cause too
reproduce generic mistakes like the Dew, polka dot, blaze Angora excreta.

I'm sorry if I stand on any toes, but this is the truth, sometimes it
hurts to hear the truth, but think about it.  If we want to stop this
sort of animal abuse, we also need to stop encouraging it by wanting
something different.

Stephenie
Netherlands