From:
"R. STEELE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 11:05:06 -0700
I have a 10 month old female ferret which is not eating like she should.
After takiing her to the vet it was no ticed she has a swollen liver and
splean.  Also an elevated CBC level.  She is eating some but is loosing
wieght very rapidly.  she is not loosing hair or has any other noticable
symptoms.  She has been taking antibiotics for the last 10 days and is not
getting better.  An exploratory surgery is scheduled for Thurs..May 28th.

Does anybody know what can cause these symptoms?  Is there anything that can
be done at this time to help her?  Please help by return e-mail or by
posting to this list.  I will post the resuts of the surgery if there is an
interest.  Thank You.