From:
PSparklie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:26:44 -0700
Unfortunately for me I've found a way to prevent Ferret Math.  I've got 4
ferrets, 2 white & 2 sable.  They do not get along and it's been over a
year of trying.  They get along 1 on 1 (sort-of) but not each one likes
the other (as if that makes any sense).  Snow likes Cassie & Brak, but
Brak doesn't like Cassie, Cosmo likes Brak but hates Snow.  Snow & Cosmo
don't get along.  I've always got 2 out and 2 in, then rotate them every
few hours so everyone gets alot of time out of the cage.  As much as I
would love to have more I'm afraid of the fighting that goes on already.
I hear about ferrets that need adoption and it just kills me.  I start to
think that maybe, If I kept some upstairs, and some down....but I know in
my heart thats really not a solution as my condo's not that big and
whoever was kept upstairs wouldn't really get much human interaction as
we're always downstairs.  I've tried all the tricks of the trade to try
and make the gang like each other.  Nothing has worked yet although I'm
still hop eful.  The only time they get along is in the bathtub when
they're all "miserable" because none of them like to get a bath.  Once
they're all fluffy and dry, they attack each other.  Oh well, for now I
just donate to help out instead of taking any more ferrets home.