From:
K HUTCHINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:25:28 -0400
First let me say I am months behind on my reading of the list, I hope I
haven't missed too much.  Condolences to all those with ill, lost or
departed fuzzies.  Now to the issue at hand...my child's friend called
today and informed us she had found a ferret in her frontyard, here in
Waynesboro, Virginia.  It was scrawny and loosing hair, she had taken it to
the SPCA.  We can't have another due to a tiny crowded house, land payments
and a herd of cattle that take up our remaining monies for the time being.
I am still quite concerned and wanted to see how the cutie was doing so I
called our SPCA and was informed that they took it to the vet and vet said
it is malnourished and "doesn't think" it has any diseases.  Also, for some
odd reason I didn't get into yet, our local SPCA cannot take in ferrets.
They are "not even allowed to bring them in." Okay, so one of their workers
is boarding fertie until it can be placed.  Of course, I left my number as
a last resort, if they need me.  So...if you live around here and lost your
baby look 'em up in the phone book and give 'em a call.  If you live
elsewhere and are seriously interested I can give you their number if you
e-mail me at the address above.  I believe it is a light black sable
(standard ferret, don't even know if male or female, oops).

God bless to all.
Keron (and Chloe - "If you scratch my back, I'll lick your arm")