From:
Christine Spaulding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:53:09 -0500
It's been awhile but I'm hoping to get some advice from the bestest ferret
folks in the whole wide world.

I think 2 of my 3 babies are sick.  My little 1 1/2 lbs MF female Siamese
chocolate had left adrenal surgery at the end of August.  It is now the
middle of Nov.  and her vulva is still swollen (the size of a small marble)
and the hair between her shoulders, her tail, and her belly have not grown
any new hair.  She has started having some loose poop (with bubbles in it
no less).  Could this mean that her right adrenal has gone bad???  The vet
said that everything looked real good when he had her open, other than the
left adrenal of course.

Second, my 2 lb MF male dark sable has been having infrequent cases of
diarrhea.  It's not green but looks more yellowish.  Any ideas?

I have seen them both eating and drinking as normal.  They play well and
don't seem to be acting out of sorts.  Does anyone out there have any
idea????  Should I be worried???

I'd like to take them to the vet but my vet doesn't really have a lot of
knowledge about ferrets and I thought I could get some ideas before I take
them so that we can have something to work with.

I'm about 2 wks behind on my FML so if you could e-mail at
[log in to unmask] I would greatly appreciate it.  Work has become
almost overwhelming these days.

You guys are the best.  Thanks for any information I can get.

Hug you babies daily it will make you and them feel better after a long
hard day.  My prayers are, as always, with the folks with sick babies.  May
they all get well real soon so that they can enjoy the all the munchies
at Thanksgiving.

Christine & the kiddies
Jesse:"I feel just fine just give me another raisin and chase me around
the room for a while"
Billy:"Momma, I think I'll feel better if you just give me another treat;
Oh, never mind I'll just steal Sables"
Sable:"Who needs treats I'll just war dance till you get that fuzzy
housecoat on the floor for me to ride on"