From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:44:23 -0600
First of all, I want you to know, that my veterinarian, was fully focused
on ferrets all day, when I took my 6 pack in.  It was in all actuality, I
believe, his day off, but his week schedule was booked solid,?  so he
suggested we bring them all in at once, I had told him how many were
adrenal, he took that thought home with him, and that is what he had
decided to do.  All 6 in one day, so he was focused only on ferrets that
day, no dogs, cats, or other animals.

Dr. Carlisle is very meticulous, even with Elizabeths tumor, that he
removed from her forehead, his concern was that it may move her eyelid
slightly because of its location and the minimal amt of flesh to close
with, she did fine, full functioning eyelid with full closure, and he did
a wonderful job, but I don't believe that he expects any less of himself,
but perfection?  This once again, when he was already planning to be out
of town?  He felt that the tumor , as fast growing it was, couldn't wait
till he returned.  Dr. Carlisle also removed a large mass from Princess's
liver, when she was originally taken in for adrenal surgery, I got a call
from him at work, and he sounded very concerned, but my faith in him as
a surgeon, was, for him to do the best he could, and we would deal with
the outcome, Princess and Elizabeth both, lived another year, beneath
the tall pantry in our kitchen.dining area.  That is where they both at
separate times passed away, last year.  To this day, I think of them
and miss them both dearly, Princess used to peer at me from beneath the
pantry, patiently waiting for her ration of raisins, and Elizabeth, I
don't believe from the day she came here was in the best of health,
but she loved her sleepy sack, and tight spot.  She had a tumor (ugly
external mass, looked like a brain) removed from her foot the year
before.

As for other ferret surgeries that he has done for me, anywhere from 1-3,
I would say, that he has performed in a day.  Dr. Carlisle also did a
ligament surgery on my Zeus, his very first ferret (cruciate?) , and we
are all, including Zeus pleased with the outcome.

I don't expect for any veterinarian to extend themselves beyond their
limitations, and felt that if Dr. Carlisle , was not able to perform
to his own expectations, that he would be willing to inform me of his
feelings, and we would reschedule any remaining surgeries.  That is
how much I believe in him as a surgeon.  He is a very special and very
dedicated man, and there are many grateful people, with other breeds of
animals, that I am sure are also , thankful for his services, besides
myself.  I just like to show my appreciation, and that is why he got 6
roses from the ferrets, one rose for each of them and we got many other
wonderful suggestions for vet appreciation that I have kept on file, for
future ...brownie points...?  I love my veterinarian, and the techs, and
vet assistants, and the ladies in the office, who all enjoy my ferrets
when we pay them visits, who give the pre and post op care, and I just
like to let them know how much that means to me, and my ferrets.

If you wish;

Dr. Wm. Carlisle
Kenosha Animal Hospital
6223-39th Ave.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
53142

Funny thing is I have never given my husband flowers, so wasn't sure that
I did the right thing, until Sue told me that he loved Roses... They are
all doing well, and due back for another recheck 10 March.  Dr. Carlisle
released them to me early on Thursday, as he was going out of town,
normally he holds them till late afternoon for observation.  He called,
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, to check on their progress, from Chicago.

Many thanks for emails, thoughts and prayers for my 6 pack,
Sadie, Jasmine, Titan, Bingo, Binky and Marshmallow