From:
Les and Eric Bitters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 08:04:10 -0400
We did it....went out in search of litter for Spenser....returned with the
litter and a playmate.  We fell in love with a dark sable little girl.  We
know it may take time for Spenser to enjoy her as something other than a
chew toy, but we're hoping that comes sooner than later.

We let them meet on neutral turf and Spens seemed ok, but then proceeded to
grab her by the neck and try to drag her off to somewhere.  We kept them
separated the rest of the evening.  We bathed the new baby in case Spens was
offended by the odor of ferts en masse.  Last night we allowed Spens to roam
in her cage (she was out of it) and then let him explore while she was
catching zzzzz in her hammock.  I think it went somewhat better, he sniffed
and licked her ear, but didn't seem to bite.  She on the other hand, despite
being less than 1/3 of Spens's size tried to jump on his back.  This leads
me to believe that he's not too rough with her, since she seems to go back
for more, although we're certainly not ready to let them alone without
supervision more than an arm's length away.

BTW, Spens is a 5 month old, neutered male, she is 7 weeks, neutered female.
Any suggestions to make the transition smoother that can be posted or
e-mailed will be greatly appreciated.

Our thanks to you all....

Les and Eric
Spenser (is that for me?)