From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 09:58:54 -0600
Okay, I admit it, I am obsessed with Rocket's poop!  I am really very
worried though and could use some advice.  Here is the lowdown: Tuesday two
violent diahrea episodes (with one solid poop in between, somewhat small and
dark) Wed.  and Thur no diarhea but his poop is small and almost black.
Now, am I remembering correctly: does black poop mean there is blood in it??
He is eating and drinking okay and I cant find anything that he may have
gotten into that he shouldnt have.  He may be sleeping a little more but
that may be my paranoa showing through.  He seems playful enough and his
eyes are bright, nose clear, etc.  He has only been around one other ferret
in his life (the last time three weeks ago) and she is happy and healthy and
showing no signs of tummy problems.  Should I get him to the vet ASAP or
wait a few days and see if it is some bug that will go away???  I could
really use the advice!

Diane