From:
Bonnie Tormohlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:44:32 -0800
Ferrets tend to have fairly active sebaceous glands that produce sebum,
which causes yellow discoloration. Even altered ferrets can produce
extra sebum during the "breeding season". It is also fairly typical
for ferrets with adrenal neoplasm to produce excessive sebum. If you
are washing the yellow off, and it is rapidly reoccurring, I would
consider adrenal disease as a potential underlying culprit.

Depending on the pattern of the yellow, I would also consider renal
disease. The few renal kids I've seen have developed dark yellow
discoloration around the face, chest, paws and tail which washes off
and returns.

Bonnie Tormohlen
Managing Director
Northern Arizona Ferret Alliance & Rescue, Inc