From:
"Goth .Queen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:46:46 -0000
>they can almost live on full milk it can be a life saver here in the UK.
>Chris.

All we have to do is go back to the days of lactose intolerant ferrets
fed on bread and milk here in the UK.  Very few of these ferrets reached
an old age or an age that would be recognised as old these days, they
were lucky to see three years old at the most.  If anyone had the time
to look in any cage of ferrets fed on a milk diet their faeces looks
like milk which has gone off or clotted, as well as being liquefied.

All in all ferrets fed on a milk diet were not and are not the healthiest
of ferrets.

http://www.geocities.com/houseferrets13uk/tony-pet.html
Most of my ferrets have been seen on UK National Television
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/environment/programmes/countryfile/