Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:16:22 EDT
For some time now, we have been expecting another shelter to open in
Illinois.  In fact, the person who was to open the shelter worked with Mary
of F.A.I.R..  Jeri left with a number of volunteers at the same time.
Everyone expected her shelter to open quickly in Arlington Heights, Ill.

Unfortunately, due to health reasons and an out-of-state transfer, she
will NOT be starting her shelter here after all.  This leaves a tremendous
strain on the only shelter around:G.C.F.A.

Further serious problems are arising because the Milwaukee Wisconsin
shelter operator is going to close the shelter down if she does not get
any help.  She handles hundreds of ferrets a year and cannot do it all with
just herself and a few volunteers.

Things are looking grim here, and a cry for help needs to be spread by
E-mail and word of mouth before it is too late.  Please help spread the
word.

If you are willing to adopt or are willing to volunteer a few hours a week,
contact these shelters:

Greater Chicago Ferret Association Shelter at 1-708-442-8650

Ferret Fanciers of Greater Milwaukee Wisconsin at 1-414-535-1523

The Ferret Den in W. Milwaukee at 1-414-545-3987

There is no holiday for the people running the shelters that we all depend
on.  The ferrets torn away from their humans and home forever have
feelings.  There is no holiday for them in their shelter cages.

Please open your hearts.  Please share your home with an old frightened
ferret so he or she can feel a few months of peace and happiness.
Or call today and leave a message that you would like to volunteer
Or donate to a shelter.

Make it a happy holiday.
Lisette