From:
Al Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 21 May 1994 13:53:36 -0400
Anybody out there ever take their ferrets around by motorcycle?  How 'bout
bicycle?

Just thought I'd ask... I have this thing about vehicles with more than two
wheels, and have been able to avoid them for a few years now, but I'm afraid
that the furo's might ought to be protected from noise, wind, and the extreme
conditions of year-round travel by that means...

BTW, my very good friend, SF, who to date has supported my ferret habit most
graciously, took her ferret Buddy to a Rennaisance fair, with me in tow.  I
counted more than 50 adults and more than 50 children who reached to touch
buddy, and there were more that I did not count.  Several times SF could not
take more that ten steps without attracting a group of more than five people
who commonly wanted to know exactly what it was, or was it a ferret, and also
what its name was, boy or grrrl, how old, and what it ate.  It seemed to me
that there were only four or five people who stuck their hands out and then
asked if it bit, or asked or commented meanly.

Buddy is very gentle, and of course makes virtually no gesture with his mouth
a-tall, so no one was bit.  Buddy was there for about six hours, managed one
3/4 hour  nap, and managed to show more than passing interest in the strange
surroundings and humans, drank water regularly, but did not seem to have much
of an appetite.  Once home, he slept soundly, although SF did wonder if he were
prone to having nightmares about all these humans coming at him!

| '75 Moto Guzzi 850T   |       Al Horne        | '66 Triumph T100     |
|   "Indefatigable"     |UCNS/Telecommunications|      "Aegypt"        |
| ...running strong...  |       542-5487        |    ->STOLEN!!<-      |
               "...i drive a Moto Guzzi, therefore i am..."