Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 23:34:14 -0500
Howdy!

We have attained another ferret, and we are not sure if its stay will be
permanent or not.

Clementine is a four-year-old dark sable, MF.  She is small compared to our
other ferrets, who all run on the large side. Moses, aka "Studly", is almost
5 lbs, Davey is about 4 1/2 lbs, and Spice is over 2 lbs.  Clemmy is no more
than 1 1/2 lbs, so she seems tine to us.

She has a proven history as a biter, and our best friends, brand new parents,
(Hi Marya and Lenny and Zachariah--I liked the "Most Excellent" part;  can I
put it on my business card? 8-) were afraid that she and the new child (who
is sooo cute), would not mix.
This was not a concern with the other *four* ferrets they own, however.
Clemmy climbs too too well, and bites too often, to be around a newborn.  So,
we
have her.  She is still in her trial period, but after about three weeks, she
has
not shown any interest in biting.  I know that she is a biter, because she
has bitten me, Michael, and other people, in the past.  Just a case of a
ferret w/a bad kit-hood, who could never quite kick the habit.  But, I think
that the different "parenting" style (read: more stern), might have made the
difference.
I don't know, the jury is still out.  But for now, we are up to SIX animals
(good golly!!!), and all the happier for it.

Why is it that ALL the ferrets forget about the litterbox when somebody new
is
introduced? dam dam dam...

Kelly & Michael, the Feline Furries, and FOUR Ferret Fuzzies!