From:
Chuck Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 02:07:54 -0500
Hi again everybody!  It has been a long time since I have posted, but I had
to announce the arrival of our new kit, Duncan!  I walked into a pet store
here in Quincy, Il. on Tuesday, and I fell in love (again).  I went home
and told my boyfriend (Chuck--this is his account) that he had to see this
little boy.  So on Wed.  he and I went to see the ferret (which I had put on
hold ;) ) and Chuck couldn't resist him either.  So I bought Duncan then and
there.  He is a dark sable MF with a fairly short face and a brown nose.  He
is @ 8 weeks old and is the rolly-polliest baby I have ever seen.  He is
sleeping in my lap as I type.  We were on our way to the vet's office so
Chuck could do some computer work and so I took Duncan along.  Dr.  Kaiser
loved him (he loves all of our fuzzies) and I weighede him while we were
there.  He weighs 1.5 lbs.  and he is only 8 weeks!  I fell in love because
he was the prettiest, biggest, happiest boy in the bunch.  He is going to be
huge.  He weighs the same as our 1 yr.  old sprite, Kit, and about .7 lbs
less than our 1 yr.  old sprite, Loki.

Thankfully, I can say that the introductions were no problem.  The older
ferrets watched me play with Duncan from their cage for a few minutes.  Boy,
were they interested in him.  He, however couldn't have cared less about
them, but then again, I had just removed him from a pet store cage with 8
other babies.  What were two more big ferrets to him!  Duncan got a bath in
ferret shampoo and then I introduced them.  Kit and Loki followed him
around, sniffing and then ran away from the big, floppy baby boy!  They
couldn't figure out what this silly big thing was doing in their kitchen,
but they didn't try and hurt him at all.  Within an hour they were all
sleeping together in the third floor hamock.  Today (Thurs.), they played a
bunch, went outside, and I took Duncan to my Philosopy and Lit.  class at
QU.  They are getting along fine and Duncan loves all of Kit and Loki's
toys, especially the pacifiers!  Yeah!  He hasn't figured out the litter box
yet, but hopefully he will learn from being woken up and placed in it
immediately.

At first I thought he was older, but obviously he is just a large kit
because he hasn't lost his milk teeth yet.  His canines are all the way in
and the milk teeth are loose, but they haven't fallen out.This was
consistant with the other 8 kits at the pet store.  Besides, he has the fat
little baby tummy, he squeeks and whimpers, and he hasn't totally figured
out how to control his great big feet.  He is on hard food (I feed
Marshalls) and turned up his nose at softened food.  He eats voraciously (I
hope ten lbs.  lasts for a while)!  Anyway, sorry this is so long, but I
wanted to share my happiness with all of the great FMLers out there.

Paw Paw--we will miss you, but I'm glad you are writing again!

sick fuzzies--get better soon...we wanna play!

Tricia Grebner and Chuck Henderson (aarrgh....ferret math!!! Math sucks,
      fuzzies are wonderful)
Loki (why?WHY? is he biting ME? I'll teach him some manners! I taught
Kit.)
Kitiara (You didn't teach me, Mommy did! I bite everything and I'm gonna
bite       Duncan too!)
Duncan (FEED ME, GIMME WATER, HEY C'MERE <FLOP>WHOOPS)