From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:27:04 -0700
About 2 weeks ago, I went to trim my ferrets nails, and I noticed a black
line in one of Sugars nails.  It starts at the end of the quick, and goes
all the way to the end of the nail.  It looks like it's following the
space the quick was in.  The living quick looks fine.  I thought maybe I
got a little close to the quick, and that it was dried blood inside the
nail, but I've trimmed it since then, and the line just keeps coming.  I
asked my vet about it when she went in for a checkup last week, but he
wasn't sure what it was, he'd never seen that before.  Anyone have any
idea whats going on?  It doesn't seem to bother her when I look at it.

Sue