From:
Tammy Graves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:51:36 -0500
Well, seems as all your well-wishes and finger crossings paid off.  I was
eager to pick up my 4 yr old girl at the vet yesterday and when the
doctor came in, she had only real good news to tell.  Now, even though
Frostie is beginning to loose hair on her tail and her back hair is
thinning, the blood work and x-rays were well within normal ranges.  We
could not rule out insulinoma yet.  Her blood sugars were lower, but not
in a danger area (105).  However she did eat before going to the vet that
morning which could have caused her levels to rise.  We discussed that I
would just keep a eye on her and if I notice that her signs seem to get
worse, we will do a fasting-blood work test (no food for 4-6 hours before
the blood draw).  That supposably will give us a better view at what her
levels really are.

Another thing that was noticed was on the x-ray, her heart was slightly
enlarged.  Again the vet said that it was not at a alarming size so she
was not going to prescribe any heart meds.  Her spleen was curling under
one of her other organs, but it too was not large enough to signify any
meds.  So I may be $173 deeper in debt, but at least Frostie will not
have to undergo surgery for a while.  She was so happy to get home and
her sister was very glad to see her back.  I hope everyone on this list
is as lucky as me for the holidays!  Have a great holiday season!

Tammy Graves