From:
Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 14:24:54 +0100
Well, Jitterbug has been asking when she's going to get this new sister
she's been promised and I thought I'd write in one more time to see if
anyone in the tri-state region knows of a female fert up for adoption.  I've
just about given up looking and may break down and buy a kit.  I'm a little
scared because this will be the first time I get one that young (my last two
ferrets were over a year when I got them).  I've been reading like crazy to
see what I would have to do differently!  I'm mostly scared about the battle
for dominance that will take place with a defenseless little kit and my full
grown ferret that is used to living alone (Jitterbug is sweet and all, but
she's also quite feisty).

On the other hand it's kind of exciting to think I will finally have a fert
that I can train from the beginning.  Jitterbug's previous owner didn't
spend very much time training her.  Jitterbug knows to use the litterbox,
but she doesn't think it's TOO terribly important to do so, earning her the
nick name "shitterbug" or "shitty" for short (my SO started it much to my
dismay and it's terribly addicting).  He insists its a title to be proud of
and announces with fanfare that she is "the shittyist one".  He does love
her dearly though, and I must admit she's daddy's little girl.

So anyway, I think I'll give it one more week looking to adopt, and if
nothing comes up I'll get a kit.  I can't tell who is more impatient about
the new arrival, me or Jitterbug (I'm positive she knows).

     Rebecca and
     Jitterbug (tug, tug, when mommy? when? I think you should get a kit so
               I'll have someone to boss around!)