From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:44:41 -0400
It seems Jeep has found a secret stash of fertilizer and he is eating
it up as fast as he finds it. He is growing on a daily basis getting
stronger and more active daily. He is such a trip to watch! He has
accepted his new environment and me too. He seeks me out and climbs
up my leg to sit on my chest for an instant before he starts to squirm
to get some place else, who knows where but he is making great time
getting there!

Jeep absolutely loves that hidy hole box. Is made of scrap wood, a cube
about 10 inches cube with a hinged top. All 4 inside sides are carpeted
as is the floor and I have an old pillow case in there he loves to get
wrapped up in. Repete used to get inside that and plug the entrance
hole up with the pillow case, kind of like slamming the door. Jeep has
started to do that too. When I first got him he was just a typical
store bought ferret, soft and squirmy but he had little body tone. Now
he is firm as frozen butter and all his muscles are for sure gaining
bulk. Probably all that 'out' time helps allot.

I usually seek out a rescue to replace any bridge crossers but I wanted
a kit for a change. That was a good choice for Jeep who is a disaster
in the cage. He uses every corner for his 'business' and much of it is
shot out between the cage mesh onto the floor. A not so understanding
owner may not be very accepting of his behavior and Jeep would end up
abused and in need of a shelter. But here I understand the ways of the
aminal he is and all that is ok with me. He will have a good safe life
here with me. He eats well and has lots of out time and plenty of
attention. I can't go past the cage without stopping to give a little
TLC to the guy and he is very receptive to all that. The ferret being a
human friendly social animal certainly is abundantly apparent in this
little bundle of black fur lightening.

I registered Jeep with Marshall Farms and they sent me a nice 'birth
certificate' to hang on the wall. I registered on line but also called.
The people at Marshall's were extremely nice to chat with. I am not
that fond of what Marshalls do and sell ferrets for and how they keep
their breeding stock but they do have some nice aminals for us to
enjoy. And for sure I do enjoy these ferrets.

Gordon and Jeep

_12-2Addy CEO