From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:45:27 EDT
Hi everybody!
I have my first small fuzzy illness and thought I would go the experts here
on the list for advice.

Butch (three-year old MF) has a respiratory infection.  I found him
coughing and wheezing on Monday night.  After staying up most of the night
making sure he was breathing (and probably annoying the heck out of the
poor little guy) I took him to the vet yesterday.  She took his temp, which
was normal, she listened to his heart and lungs and said he had a
respiratory infection.  She gave me Amoxicillin and I'm giving him 1/2ml
twice a day.  He isn't wild about the taste but he isn't being difficult
about taking it either, it's supposed to taste like bubble gum.  She said
to bring him back in a few days if he didn't sound better.

My question is can I mix the RX with something to make it taste better to
him?  I thought about putting it in some duck soup or putting a little
Ferretcoat in it.  Also is there any kind of reaction I should watch for,
runny poopies, stuff along those lines?

I'm still new to the mom stuff, I only got my fuzzies in March and this is
my first medical situation with them.  I just want to make sure I'm doing
all I can to make him feel better.  I'm restricting him to one room so that
he will get more rest and am going to wash all his toys and bedding.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions please share them with me!

Thanks for your help and kisses to the fuzzies!
Connie, Butch, and Maggie (who's just fine, thank you-I don't want no pink
stuff)!