From:
Jalene Bowersmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 15:14:53 -0700
We took our two ferrets topetsmart the other week to pick out some new toys.
What a blast this was.  They had such a good time.  Had to make them leave
after only an hour of fun.  (A nice alternative, since they can't stand 110
degree heat in the summer here in Tucson.) Anyway, back to the point.  They
picked out this fuzzy disk that has a very high pitched squeak sound to it.
For the last week we have been playing with it and it is soooo funny.  Our
big male, Zonker, is convinced that there is a toy underneath the disk that
is making the noise, or that it is my hand/finger that is squeaking.  He
will try to carry my finger off to hide with all the other squeaky toys.
Then lift the disk with his noise and turn it over.

At the same time our little girl, Scooter will begin licking my legs
frantically and squeaking (talking) back at the toy.  Both sounds are about
the same pitch so it sounds a little like two ferrets talking back and
forth.  Just had to share such a cute scene with you all.

Has anyone else ever had a ferret that seemed afraid of hights???  Th eonly
high place that our Scooter likes is our shoulders.  Sometimes she gets up
on a chair or the cage.  When she wants to get down she will look all around
for another route and finally turn around inorder to decend but first.
Could she just be afraid of hights or might she have bad eye sight and not
be able to judge distance well?

Zonker - "All right, I know there is a squeaky toy under here.  WHat did
you do with it??"
$ Scooter - lick, lick, lick, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak.
Owners of...
Jalene Bowersmith
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]