Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:01:36 -0700
Charleen was mentioning stray ferrets.  Please remember to have strays
checked for microchips by your vet or by animal control when they are
released to you.  Shelters routinely check dogs/cats for microchips, but
it's not yet a routine for ferrets.

We 'chip most of the ferrets who come through our shelter.  Thursday we
reunited a stray ferret with his person because of a microchip.  That
particular ferret had gotten out of his house about a year ago, and we
microchiped him for his owner.  Now five years old, the ferret once again
left home and was once again able to find his person because of a
microchip.

We had a ferret stolen from our shelter and were able to identify and
retrieve him because of his microchip.

There's not yet a huge percentage, but we have found microchips in several
stray ferrets.  It's something that I think would reunite more lost ferrets
with their owners.  Consider microchiping your family of ferts today! :-)

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125