From:
"CLF, AnimalFarm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:35:35 -0400
Hey FML,

As some of you may recall, I had to put down a older ferret with
insulinoma called monster. He had adrenal, but it eventually was the
inability for the medication to work that got him. This Saturday,
April 2, I've decided to put down His best friend, dingo.

Dingo's struggled all his life. I got him back in the winter of 2009
almost completely bald with only the slightest hint of weight on him.
The old owners had pretty much pushed him away saying that he was just
stressed like a bird. They failed to even look at the photos of adrenal
I produced for them. Truly they were idiots and too the cost of the
health of this wonderful little man.

When he came here to ttfr, He hated people, ferrets, and just wanted
to be ignored. Monster was my peace keeper and quickly wiggled his way
under the covers where dingo would lay. I took dingo & Monster to the
vet together and the vet recommended putting dingo down. I fought and
paid the 400 dollar medical bill for a lupron, blood run, and milk
thistle. Two times I paid that kind of bill only to find my vet up in
Woodbridge who's prices have saved my poor bank account.

After he and Monster got the mellatonin implant, They both got fat and
happy. Dingo didn't trust me but he had monster so no biggie. Monster
went to the ferret show in December with my little girl Lelloo, ( who's
going for her first shot sat too. :( ), and he loved meeting the people
more than the animals. I wanted to give him the gift of smelling intact
hobs, and such. He did and fell asleep happily, or just relaxed in my
arms as I carried him around. He is the Sweet to my Sweet & Sour. But
things don't even last. In Jan, He went down hill big time and crashed
3 times in 3 days. I upped his pred, called the doctor, and tried to
work with him as the snow fell down. He said I could try another med
but it might give him 3 months at best. So I made the decision to put
him to sleep and buried him over a hill in the back of the house.

Two months later I am facing the same decision to release his best
friend. Dingo's lost all of the weight we've worked so hard to put on
and now urinated on himself. I am giving him med's for the problem but
who knows how long it will last. He no longer plays. Even at the ferret
meet-ups we do, He won't play like he did a month or so ago. The only
kind of really emotion I have seen from him is his apparent distaste
over me taking a n-bone from him. He has NEVER hissed at me but I gave
him a bone to make him happy and he freaked out.

So could someone post a special greeting Sat or Sun for dingo to meet
his best friend again?

ttyl
Cara Operator of TTFR.
Fuzzies- Lelloo, Jack, Ripply, Dakota, Pixie, Swiper, Beat, Dingo,
Tulia, Taz, Wheezy and Dirt.