From:
"Summerville, Nicholas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:23:15 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem with my Ferrets Pooping all over the cage.  It
seems like no matter what cage I put them in, what size, how many levels,
etc.  The Ferrets all 5 of them, seem to go poop on every level, except
the level for their bedding.

I constantly clean it up off of all the "off-limits levels" and tell them
"no", as I clean up the poop.  But they seem to laugh and just ignore me,
and keep on playing.

I tried to wash up the scent from the area, but the ferrets still poop
there.  They also poop at the bottom of the ladder, and all over the
cage floor instead of in a corner.  I put a pooper container in the cage
corner on the bottom level and they just ignore it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to train the little poopers to
go in a corner or in a poop container?  I even tried some of the Best
Behavior Spray for ferret training, and this does no good (I think they
have become accustomed to the smell of the spray.).

Help.

Thanks,
Nicholas and the Tribe